the latest news on disaster relief
- On September 1st our first team left on a trip headed to Cypress, TX to feed those sheltered at a local church. On the way we were stopped at the Louisiana, Texas border. East Texas was being ravaged by flood waters and our teams could not go any further. We redirected to Lake Charles, LA to the Civic Center were thousands were sheltered, and many more were coming. Our team cooked and prepared thousands of meals to those in the shelter and those being processed to other shelters.
- The following weekend, September 7th -10th, we partnered with Northend Baptist Church feeding 4,000 meals, hand delivering them to the people of Beaumont, Texas. This area was flooded with waters rising as high as eight foot.
- We purchased 200 buckets and filled them with supplies to help families clean up the mess left behind by the flood waters.
- There have been 30,000 bottles of water given
- A team is heading back to Beaumont and focused on feeding relief workers, area neighborhoods this weekend, September 14th - September 17th. This team will serve 2,500 meals and deliver hundreds of mud out buckets.
- We sent over 40 people on mission to bring hope to the people of Texas.